- The Upper Secondary School of Forssa was established in 1899, thus being the oldest rural secondary school in Finland.
- The building has been totally renovated some years ago.
- Forssan yhteislyseo has about 420 students. The staff includes 30 teachers.
- Forssan yhteislyseo provides its students with general education at secondary level, which enables them to apply to all forms of higher education.
- General Studies are pursued in more than 75 courses (150 credits) available.
- Forssan yhteislyseo provides a wide selection of courses, there being approximately 200 different courses available.
- Forssan yhteislyseo offers a wide selection of courses in different languages, such as Swedish, English, German, French, Russian, Italian and Spanish.
- The variety of courses available makes it possible to specialize in practically any subject or study orientation.
- In Mathematics there are two different streams of study available, Advanced and General.
- Arts, Music, Drama and Sports offer a variety of courses to choose from.
- Forssan yhteislyseo also offers optional evening classes of secondary education adjusted to adults and with the opportunity of studying at a distance.
- The study year contains 5 study periods (c. 7 weeks each). Students have different kind of time schedule in study periods. Students choose courses (and even teachers!) according to their interests.
- About 100 students belong to the Sport Academy (ice hockey, ringette, indoor bandy, basketball, athletics, gym, Finnish baseball etc.).
- About 50 students study especially visual arts and design.
- Forssan yhteislyseo cooperates with schools in Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Kenya,Spain, Romania and Bulgaria.
- Forssan yhteislyseo closely cooperates with e.g. Häme university of applied sciences, The Natural Resources Institute Finland and the enterprises in the region of southwestern Häme.
- Forssan yhteislyseo has exchange students every year.
- All students have a laptop at school.
- Each classroom has got a Smartboard at the teacher’s disposal.
- The learning platform and interactive e-study books are used in many subjects.
Principal, PhD, MBA Simo Veistola, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 564 0057
HOW TO APPLY? PDF
Please select the language of the subtitles.
Tel. +358 (0)50 564 0057
Tel. +358 (0)50 375 9250
Tel. +358 (0)40 674 2054
Tel. +358 40 687 3651
Lyseokatu 2 (ex: Hämeentie 29)
Tel. +358 (0)3 41 411